Mount verification is a process of verifying a connection to the volume after an unseccessful I/O. It continues until the volume has been successfully verified or until mount verification timeout expires.
The following can cause mount verification:
- drive problems (such as a failed port)
- disk problems (hardware errors)
- controller/SAN fabric problems
- storage connection problem
- device is write locked manually while a write operation is in progress
- in a multipath configuration, paths to the device are switched
To disable mount verification on a device, mount it with /NOMOUNT_VERIFICATION.