RECALL is a DCL command that displays up to 254 previously entered commands on the screen for subsequent execution.
- /ALL displays the entire recall buffer.
- /ERASE erases the contents of the recall buffer.
- /INPUT=filespec causes each line of the input file to be added to the recall buffer.
- /OUTPUT=filespec specifies the name of the output file where the contents of the recall buffer are written. If you do not specify a file type, the default is .LIS. The file specification cannot include the asterisk (*) and the percent sign (%) wildcard characters. If the /ERASE qualifier is also specified, the contents of the recall buffer are erased after the contents of the recall buffer are written to the specified file. The /OUTPUT qualifier is incompatible with the /ALL and /PAGE qualifiers.
- /PAGE displays all the commands (and their numbers) available for recall one screen at a time.
- /SEARCH string searches the recall buffer and displays all the commands (and their numbers) that contain the specified search string.