VMS IDE is an integrated development environment that enables you to quickly and easily develop comprehensive applications for OpenVMS system. It provides a set of tools for developing, building, and debugging OpenVMS projects.
- Source code synchronization between the local machine and OpenVMS system.
- SSH connection setup to the remote OpenVMS system.
- Projects Explorer as a simple and convenient way to manage OpenVMS projects.
- Debugger for OpenVMS projects.
- Syntax highlighting for MMS, CLD, and MSG files.
- Code autocompletion for MSG and CLD files.
- The VMS IDE extension can only be used in conjunction with ODS-5 OpenVMS file systems; it cannot be used with ODS-2 file systems.
- Do not use the minus sign ("-") in file names. This may result in the debugger not finding the source file.
This guide will help you install the VMS IDE extension and start working on your projects.