VMS IDE Project Explorer
Revision as of 20:42, 28 March 2019 by Andrey.logachev (talk | contribs) (Created page with "Project Explorer is a view that helps to manage OpenVMS projects, their dependencies, and settings. It is also possible to build, rebuild and clean the project from the Projec...")
Project Explorer is a view that helps to manage OpenVMS projects, their dependencies, and settings. It is also possible to build, rebuild and clean the project from the Project Explorer context menu.
- executable - source files will be built and linked in the executable image
- library - object library (OLB) will be created
- shareable - extension will create a shareable image
- Add to dependencies of selected - add the project you right-clicked to the previously selected project as a dependency
- Remove project from dependencies - remove the selected project from dependencies of the main project
- Build only this project - build the current project
- Build with dependencies - build the current project and all dependencies
- Clean this only - clean current project only
- Rebuild only this project - rebuild the current project
- Rebuild with dependencies - rebuild the current project and all dependencies
VMS IDE may create MMS files automatically based on the project type and on types of projects which it depends on. For shareable images, the OPT file will be created, but the universal symbol vector must be edited so that other images could link to this image. If the project depends on some shareable images, the COM file will be created with logicals needed to run this project.
When a project is selected in the Project Dependencies panel, its description is shown.
- folder - Workspace folder name
- buildType - the type of build: DEBUG or RELEASE (click to change)
- sourceState - modified or synchronized
- buildState - built or not
- masters - projects which depend on this project
- host - OpenVMS host to synchronize and build with
- projectName - the name of the project
- projectType - the type of the project (executable, library or shareable)
- root - project root in OpenVMS