VMS IDE supports syntax highlighting for Fortran.
- Code autocompletion helps you write valid code in a more efficient way.
- Error checking
- Checks syntax errors in real-time.
- Jump to definition (variables, routines)
- Code navigation lets you quickly navigate Fortran projects (context menu).
- Go to Definition (
F12) - Go to the source code of a symbol definition.
- Peek Definition (
Alt+F12) - Bring up a Peek window that shows the definition of a symbol.
- Peek References (
Shift+F12) - Bring up a Peek window that shows all references to a symbol.
- Find All References (
Shift+Alt+F12) - Show all references to a symbol.
- Rename (variables, routines)
- Rename feature lets you quickly rename symbols in Fortran projects (context menu).
F2 to rename the symbol under the cursor across your Fortran project.
- Hover information
- Hover over a Fortran symbol to quickly see its type information.
- You can also show the hover info at the current cursor position with the
Ctrl+K Ctrl+I keyboard shortcut.