COPY is a DCL command that creates a new file from one or more existing files. The COPYcommand can do the following:
- Copy an input file to an output file.
- Concatenate two or more input files into a single output file.
- Copy a group of input files to a group of output files. You can also specify certain qualifiers to invoke other utilities: o Use /FTP to invoke the FTP utility to transfer files between hosts with possibly dissimilar file systems over a TCP/IP connection.
- Use /RCP to invoke the RCP utility to copy files from host to host over a TCP/IP connection.
- Use /RECORDABLE_MEDIA to invoke the CDDVD utility to copy files from host/container file to CD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW.
COPY input-filespec[,...] output-filespec