JOB_CONTROL is the VMS Job controller process. The job controller performs multiple functions for VMS:
- When a new terminal connection is detected the job controller creates a process attached to the terminal running LOGINOUT.EXE to initiate the login process.
- Processes all VMS requests to write accounting data to the system accounting file.
- Acts as the client communication to all VMS Queue Managers running in a cluster.
- Creates batch processes and symbiont processes on the local system.
- Notifies queue managers of their batch job completions on the local system.
- Creates queue manager processes for queue managers that are prioritized to run on the local system.
- Performs Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time clock adjustments.