Modified Page List
The modified page list is the part of secondary page cache that contains pages allocated to the process that have been modified. It is controlled with the MPW* system parameters:
- MPW_HILIMIT sets the upper limit for the modified page list.
- MPW_IOLIMIT specifies the number of outstanding I/Os to the modified-page writer.
- MPW_LOLIMIT sets the lower limit for the modified page list.
- MPW_LOWAITLIMIT specifies the threshold at which processes in the miscellaneous wait state MPWBUSY are allowed to resume.
- MPW_PRIO sets the priority of I/O transfers initiated by the modified page writer.
- MPW_THRESH sets a lower bound of pages that must exist on the modified-page list before the swapper writes this list to acquire free pages.
- MPW_WAITLIMIT sets the number of pages on the modified page list that causes a process to wait until the next time the modified page writer writes the modified list.
- MPW_WRTCLUSTER sets the number of pages to be written during one I/O operation from the modified-page list to the page file or a section file.