OpenVMS Version 8.4
The following revisions of OpenVMS 8.4 exist:
- V8.4 released in June 2010 by HPE
- OpenVMS V8.4-1H1 for Integrity servers released in June 2015 by VSI adds support for HP Integrity i4 servers based on the Intel Itanium Processor 9500 series.
- OpenVMS V8.4-2 for Integrity servers released in March 2016 by VSI adds 64 core support for BL890c i4 (with hyperthreads off), UEFI 2.3, Network boot on Blades, Support for rx7640 and rx8640, Tunable BACKUP compression, defect repair, and software component updates: Enterprise Directory 5.7, CSWS Secure Web Server, based on Apache 2.4.12, CSWS_PHP, CSWS_JAVA, WBEM, Availability Manager for 64b Windows, Updated Time Zone definitions.
- OpenVMS V8.4-2L1 for Integrity servers released in August 2016 by VSI adds VSI SSL1 V1.0, updaes to ENCRYPT, ACME, ACMELDAP, VSI TCP/IP V5.7ECO5F, VMS Notary, CSWS (Apache), Enterprise Directory (X.500) and WBEM.
- OpenVMS V8.4-2L1 for Alpha servers released in January 2017 by VSI introducing the features of OpenVMS Integrity V8.4-2 and V8.4-2L1 to Alpha users with VSI-rebranded products
- OpenVMS V8.4-2L2 for Alpha servers released in June 2017 by VSI is optimized to take advantage of architectural features such as byte and word memory reference instructions, and floating-point improvements, which are available only in AlphaServer EV6 or later processors. This optimized release improves performance by taking advantage of faster hardware-based instructions that were previously emulated in software.